Looking Back: How We Developed an Idea
By Pavel Hilbert, CEO
Our venture began in 2006. Artur Holba and I were a couple of online marketing guys who saw a demand for website syndication in several specific markets. It was a growing niche, and we were going to jump on it. Our strong search engine optimization backgrounds gave us the insight we needed to come up with an idea: There are a lot of professionals and retailers out there. Let’s give them a way to increase their exposure. Let’s show them how to provide information about their services to a broader reach of potential clients.
We did our research and spoke with a number of people to figure out which market needed us the most. Aesthetic plastic surgery and dermatology was the obvious choice. We kicked off our new venture with www.cosmetic-plastic-surgery.info and www.kosmetische-plastische-chirurgie.eu. These domains were initially focused on medical tourism: bringing patients (mainly from the UK and Germany) to the Czech Republic and matching them with Czech surgeons.
As our markets and audiences developed, we listened to doctors and patients throughout Europe and began to broaden our reach. We realized the majority of people visiting our site were looking for information and referrals closer to home rather than abroad. We then shifted our focus and expanded our operation by featuring doctors from different countries who could share their expertise with our visitors. This enabled our visitors to find the right medical professional in many places around the world. We’re passionate about helping our clients
– doctors and patients alike – by providing them with the most reliable and up-to-date information about aesthetic plastic surgery and dermatology on the web, all in one convenient, user-friendly place.
Where we are – What’s happening today
So here it is, 2013. So far, Estheticon has:
- 14 language versions,
- Over 1,500,000 visitors per month globally,
- Premium members from 28 countries worldwide
- Active members from 74 countries.
Our offices are in Prague. We have a fun, hardworking team of 20 employees and contracted freelancers both across the Czech Republic and abroad.
Come by and say hello!
We participate in a variety of congresses and would love to meet you!
- DGPRÄC / VDÄPC, Muenster, Germany 9/2013
- ÖGPÄRC, Velden, Austria 10/2013
- GÄCD, Munich, Germany 10/2013
Here’s a list of some of the places we’ve recently been:
- DDG, Dresden, Germany 5/2013
- VDÄPC, Kassel, Germany 5/2013
- FILACP / SCCP, Santa Marta, Colombia 4/2013
- AMCPER, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 4/2013
- AMWC, Monaco, Monte Carlo 4/2013
- SOS Symposium, Köln, Deutschland 2013
- IPRAS Santiago de Chile 2013
- ISAPS Prague 2012
- CSPCH CZECH Pilsen 2012
- VDAPC Stuttgart 2012
- FILACP Medellin 2012
- ISAPS Geneve 2012
- DGPRAC / VDAPC Bremen 2012
- GÄCD Freiburg 2012
- DGPRAC / VDAPC Innsbruck 2011
- Warsaw 2011
- SBCP/ISAPS Goiânia 2011
- ISAPS San Francisco 2010
- DGPRAC / VDAPC Dresden 2010
- Lodz 2009
- The next generation New York 2009
- DGPRAC / VDAPC Aachen 2009
- Basic members: Badges - Benefits & Conditions
- For surgeons & clinics (advertising)
- Premium members: Badges - Benefits & Conditions
- Registration - Sign up
- Starter members: Badges - Benefits & Conditions
- Doctor Listing Criteria
- Obligatory discussion rules
- Rules for publishing articles, press releases, and videos
- How can my profile on Estheticon increase traffic to my website?
- How can the "recommended by patients" icon help me?
- How to get online recommendations from patients
- Link to us
- Setting up Google Authorship
- Share on Facebook
- What is Google Authorship and why should I use it?
- Why Should I List Prices for my Procedures on Estheticon?