Doctor Listing Criteria
Doctor Listing Criteria
The aim of this website is to introduce clients to doctors who are educated as well as experienced in the treatments they offer. Doctors on our website are listed only under those treatments for which they have been certified. As we are not medical professionals, we rely on and follow the recommendations of professional medical societies.
As such, it's our policy to invite only Estheticon Certified doctors to participate in Discussion Forums, FAQs and treatment directories. This means you will not find doctors featured in Discussion Forums, FAQs or treatment directories who have not acquired certification for these treatments. We follow the recommendations given by the highest national professional societies regarding specialty/treatment combinations (treatments provided only by specialists possessing the relevant certifications).
Estheticon Certified Doctor Criteria
(1) A doctor listed on Estheticon must be certified in one or more of the following areas*:
- Plastic surgery
- Maxillofacial surgery
- General surgery
- Bariatric surgery
* Estheticon requires doctors to be certified in the procedures that they offer. For example, dermatologists cannot be listed in directories that are designated for physicians, nor are they (dermatologists) permitted to be listed under procedures that are outside of their areas of expertise, such as breast augmentation. Please note that specialists are prohibited from answering questions in forums that are outside of their areas of expertise as well.
(2) Doctors listed on Estheticon must be board certified
Doctors listed on Estheticon websites must be board certified and recognized by national professional societies that are recognized by international societies such as EASAPS or FILACP. Doctors who are members of other societies will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
(3) Good standing
Estheticon maintains the right to deny or terminate service to any doctor who is certified and meets the criteria as stated above should they -- for any reason -- no longer maintain a good standing. Estheticon also maintains the right to deny service to a doctor or clinic should there be reason to believe that said doctor or clinic has misreported or misrepresented his or her certifications, memberships, patient testimonials, etc., or if their activity within Estheticon violates the professional standards of the Estheticon community. We invite all Estheticon members to report any relevant information regarding the good standing of doctors listed on Estheticon.
(4) Binding participation rules
Estheticon offers certified doctors an opportunity to educate and advise consumers in an ethical way so that consumers can make informed decisions. Estheticon is not a website for self promotion. As such, we do not permit contributions that are only commercially-motivated or are irrelevant to the interests of our visitors. Doctors who take part in Discussion Forums and FAQs or participate in any other way on Estheticon.com (e.g. publish Before & After photos) are expected to limit their contributions to topics related to the area(s) of expertise implied by their specialty certification.
Only doctors who have Premium listing are allowed to mention their URL addresses, phone numbers and email addresses in their Discussion Forum posts. Doctors with Basic listing are not allowed to mention their URL addresses, phone numbers or email addresses in their Discussion Forum posts, in their CV or in any other part of their presentation. However, even if you meet the criteria for being able to mention your contact information in your Discussion Form posts and/or presentation, we ask you not to. If your post is interesting, readers will find your contact information and your profile in your listing. Your listing is accessible from any of your Discussion Forum posts.
- You can add links to discussion forums only if you have platinum membership.
- All contributions should be relevant to the topic. Links must relate directly to the topic. Links must direct the user to a specific page containing more detailed information about the topic
- Links can only be added to longer contributions including relevant information for the visitor.
Example: What link format can be inserted on the discussion forum about ‘breast implant encapsulation’?
Example of an incorrect link: http://www.mya.co.uk/
Example of a correct link: http://www.mya.co.uk/askanexpert/do-i-have-encapsulation-or-capsular-contracture/breast-enlargement-and-implants/answer/589/
Example: What kind of answer can appear on the discussion forum with the topic of: “Can I have a breast reduction even though I plan to get pregnant?”
Example of an overly short response: No, you cannot.
Example of a correct response: Depending on the operation method used, milk ducts are cut to a larger or lesser extent. Also, changes that occur in breasts during pregnancy have a significant effect on breast shape. From a medical and aesthetic perspective, we recommend that you postpone surgery until after pregnancy.
Doctors are obliged to follow the Rules of Discussions Forums.
(5) Before and after pictures
The before and after pictures must show the work of the doctor or clinic inserting them. The before and after pictures cannot be inserted under several profiles; they can ONLY be used under one profile. The pictures can be used only by the doctor or clinic that conducted the surgery.
Estheticon Certified doctors may appear only in specialty directories that correspond with their specialty designation(s). For example: A physician designated exclusively as an ENT specialist may not appear in the directory for liposuction for his or her city.
Estheticon Certified doctors may contribute only to FAQs and Discussion Forum topics that correspond with their specialty designation(s). For example: A physician designated exclusively as a gynecologist may not contribute to Discussion Forums on abdominoplasty.
Estheticon Doctor Listing Criteria may be updated or revised at any time, without notice, at the sole discretion of Estheticon.
>>>>>> Register - Sign up <<<<<<
- Basic members: Badges - Benefits & Conditions
- For surgeons & clinics (advertising)
- Premium members: Badges - Benefits & Conditions
- Registration - Sign up
- Starter members: Badges - Benefits & Conditions
- Doctor Listing Criteria
- Obligatory discussion rules
- Rules for publishing articles, press releases, and videos
- How can my profile on Estheticon increase traffic to my website?
- How can the "recommended by patients" icon help me?
- How to get online recommendations from patients
- Link to us
- Setting up Google Authorship
- Share on Facebook
- What is Google Authorship and why should I use it?
- Why Should I List Prices for my Procedures on Estheticon?