Rhinoplasty (Nose Job - Nose Surgery)

What do I do if I'm not satisfied with the outcome of rhinoplasty?

FAQ

FAQ

What do I do if I'm not satisfied with the outcome of rhinoplasty?

I had nose surgery6 months ago. Unfortunately, I have a small bump on my nose and the tip of my nose curves to the right. What should I do if I am not satisfied with the outcome? Do I have the right to free re-operation?

(0)

All replies for this topic

sanju
visitor
Comments: 1

feel like having a huge swelling on my nose 1week after rhinoplasty??will it subside??or will size of the nose increase?/i have done rhinoplasty for the reval of a dorsal hump on my nose..plz do help me..i am worried.

(0)
   Comment   
Jorge Alberto Ochoa Pell M.D.
bronze member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Comments: 109  ( 1)

Reply to sanju

youll have to wait several months to see if that swelling goes away, usually revision surgery (if needed) will be performed 6 months to one year after your surgery, be patient. You will get better, you´ll see.
good luck

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Jorge Alberto Ochoa Pell M.D.
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Comments: 109  ( 1)

if there is a very visible bump after 6 months, it is unlikely to go away all by itself. Revision surgery in plastic surgery goes up to 30% of the times. Usually surgeons talk about this topic with their patients. once they agree with surgery they agree with the posibility of revision surgery as well as other risks. good luck

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Dr Olivier GERBAULT M.D.
bronze member Premium member
Plastic surgery
Vincennes, France
Comments: 778  ( 20)

Reply to sanju

1 week after an operation is much too short to assess the final result! The nose is swollen and always looks too big, too wide...
Depending on your skin's thickness, you'll be able to see the result 1-3 months after the surgery, but it will still be changing untill 6-12 months...

My revision rate is about 5%, usually for very minor defects. In those cases, I don't charge any fee for the reoperation.

(0)
   Comment   
M.D. Natasa Popovic
silver member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Comments: 402  ( 1)

After a year should again can fix your nose if you are not satisfied.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Lucian Fodor M.D.
silver member Premium member
Plastic surgery
Cluj Napoca, Zalău, Romania
Comments: 151

The best is to wait up to 1 year and consider going to the same surgeon to see if it can be repaired.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr Maghnam Ayed Shahateet M.D.FRCS Frcs
Amman, Jordan
Comments: 223  ( 1)

yes you have the right.

(0)
   Comment   
Franco MIGLIORI
Plastic surgery
Genoa, Italy
Comments: 47  ( 4)

First of all, you should wait 1 year after surgery to make any final evaluation: until that time any change could still happen.
After that, if an objective defect could be appreciated, you should talk with your surgeon.

(0)
   Comment   
Carlos Gonzalez-Legarda M.D.
platinum member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Bogotá, Colombia
Comments: 216  ( 2)

The first is have a friendly conversation with your surgeon. We are prepared not just to make a surgery, but to manage complications

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Serban Porumb
Oradea, Romania
Comments: 204  ( 2)

In most of the cases, you will need to wait up to an year after the operation, as small changes still may occur. In case of a possible revision, check the experience of the surgeon with revision surgery as this could be more difficult than first operation.

(0)
   Comment   
Alexander Kutubidze M.D., Ph.D.
Plastic surgery
Tbilisi, Georgia
Comments: 22

Good question

(0)
   Comment   
Luis Pavajeau Muñoz M.D.
Plastic surgery
Bogotá, Colombia
Comments: 40

Yes you should look back inmediatly to your surgeon and have a secondary Nose job surgery. If you do not feel confident about the rsult of a second surgery look for a plastic Suregon that likes secondary rhinoplasty as Dr Pavajeau. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Aram Akopov
Plastic surgery
Moscow, Russia
Comments: 5

First of all you should understand that rehabilitation is a longterm process. But if after a 6 month you still unsatisfied and you see there is something wrong you can demand free secondary rhinoplasty. You can even choose another surgeon and clinic where you did the first one is 100% obligated to pay for you. Take advocate with you and he will solve all the problems.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Murat Dagdelen M.D.
Plastic surgery
Kassel, Germany
Comments: 58
VDÄPC

First you have to talk to your surgeon.
But swellings also after 6 month are normal

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Murat Dagdelen M.D.
Plastic surgery
Kassel, Germany
Comments: 58
VDÄPC

First you have to talk to your surgeon.But swellings also after 6 month are normal

(0)
   Comment   
We’re sorry, but this discussion has been locked. You will not be allowed to include any additional posts here.

Start a new discussion on topic of Rhinoplasty (Nose job - nose surgery).