How long is the recovery period for abdominoplasty?

FAQ

FAQ
FAQ

How long is the recovery period for abdominoplasty?

I'm thinking about abdominoplasty and wondering how long after the surgery can I return to work, do sports, etc. How long is the recovery period for abdominoplasty?

(0)
Xavier Tenorio  M.D. Xavier Tenorio M.D.
gold member Premium member
Plastic surgery | more Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Geneva, Switzerland
Comments: 41

one or two days.
No bed at all.

(0)
   Comment   
dr n. med. Artur Sandelewski M.D. dr n. med. Artur Sandelewski M.D.
bronze member Premium member
Surgery
Jaworzno, Bielsko-Biała, Poland
Comments: 146  ( 2)

Good morning.
Usually my patients return to work after 10-14 days, and for sport after 2-3 months
dr Sandelewski

(0)
   Comment   
Jerzy M. Chęciński, M.D. Jerzy M. Chęciński, M.D.
Plastic surgery
Warszawa, Poland
Comments: 1247  ( 10)

Welcome.
It depends on the kind of procedure:
- mini-abdominoplasty (lower part of the abdomen) - about 2 weeks
- normal abdominoplasty (full abdomen) - about 2-3 weeks
- full, high tension abdominoplasty (with musculus rectus abdominis capsule plasty) - 3-4 weeks.

Recovery period means the time, when it will be uncomfortable to you to work and this is a time for wound healing.
After the procedure, 3-months period of safe lifestyle is reccomended (means without moderate and heavy physical effort).

Best regards
Jerzy Checinski, MD, plastic surgeon

(0)
   Comment   
André Hazan M.D. André Hazan M.D.
bronze member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Comments: 326

Hi dear visitor
In normal condition..day after surgery..walking...2 day going home...working with out effort...eventually 10 to 20 days...
Sports...2months and half dependimg on the effort.
Warm regards

(0)
   Comment   
asc. Prof. Georg M. Huemer asc. Prof. Georg M. Huemer
Plastic surgery
Linz, Vienna, Austria
Comments: 85

it depends on the extent of the abdominoplasty procedure. whereas a limited \"mini-abdominoplasty\" takes about a week, a full abdominoplasty with plication of the undelying muscles can take up to 4 weeks of down-time.
equally important is if wound healing proceeds without any complications, which can happen in this kind of surgery.
as a rule of thumb, the patient is on the safe side when planning 3-4 weeks of leave from work with this procedure.

best regards,
G Huemer

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Julio César Escobar Fonseca M.D. Dr. Julio César Escobar Fonseca M.D.
silver member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Cali, Colombia
Comments: 446  ( 3)

Dear Patient:

The recovery period after abdominoplasty is variable and depends on many factors. Most importantly, in the immediate postoperative period is the early movement of the legs (walking) and oral hiper hydration. The patient should not stay in bed. During the first 2 weeks, the patient should walk at least an hour a day. Then start walking 2 hours a day until the first month. The second month, you can go to the spa and make-led sports doctor. Do not smoke or exposure to UV rays of the sun for 6 months. You could drive a car at 3 weeks, perform office work or study from 15 days and have moderate effort a month.

Despite this, remember that each case is handled individually.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Armando G. Apellaniz Campo M.D. Dr. Armando G. Apellaniz Campo M.D.
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Huixquilucan, Mexico
Comments: 71  ( 1)

It is not advisable to remain in bed after surgery, but you can not restart normal activity too soon. I won't let my patients to return to work until at least 3 weeks have passed, and sports or other strenouss activities until 4 weeks after surgery.

(0)
   Comment   
M.D. Natasa Popovic M.D. Natasa Popovic
Plastic surgery
Comments: 402  ( 2)

Two weeks does not pull and push and carry objects. You wear a corset 6 to 8 nedelja. Sports activity after two to three months.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr Jayanthy Ravindran Dr Jayanthy Ravindran
Plastic surgery
Chennai, India
Comments: 58

You would be mobilized the same day. You could return to desk job after 10 to 14 days and sports after six weeks.

(0)
   Comment   
haparnumela haparnumela
visitor
Michigan, United States
Comments: 1

Abdominoplasty operations vary in scope and are frequently subdivided into categoriesThe most predictive measure of a patient’s abdominoplasty recovery time is his or her health.

buttock enhancement

(0)
   Comment   
Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Center Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Center
platinum member Basic member
Lahore, Pakistan
Comments: 518  ( 43)

Dear,
Recovery is quick especially if mini-abdominoplasty is performed. If full abdominoplasty is performed, recovery takes a few weeks, depending on the type of procedure performed.

With Best Wishes

Dr.H.A.Khawaja, MD; Dip App: ABCS

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Nasim Huq M.S., FRCSC, M.Sc.,F.A.C.S. C.A.Q.S.H. Dr. Nasim Huq M.S., FRCSC, M.Sc.,F.A.C.S. C.A.Q.S.H.
gold member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Niagara Falls, Canada
Comments: 50  ( 3)

Normal postoperative recovery is 4-6 weeks. Abdominoplasty can performed under a local anaesthetic or a general anaesthetic as a day stay procedure. A flat and well-toned abdomen is something many of us strive for through exercise and weight control. Sometimes these methods cannot achieve our goals. Even individuals of otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop an abdomen that protrudes or is loose and sagging. The most common causes of this include: . Pregnancy . Aging . Significant fluctuations in weight . Heredity . Prior surgery What it won’t do: A tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program. Although the results of a tummy tuck are technically permanent, the positive outcome can be greatly diminished by significant fluctuations in your weight. For this reason, individuals who are planning substantial weight loss or women who may be considering future pregnancies may be advised to postpone a tummy tuck. Also, a tummy tuck cannot correct stretch marks, although these may be removed or somewhat improved if they are located on the areas of excess skin that will be excised, generally those treated areas below the belly button. Is it right for me? Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Abdominoplasty is a good option for you if: . You are physically healthy and at a stable weight . You have realistic expectations . You are a non-smoker . You are bothered by the feeling that your tummy is too large.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr Maghnam Ayed Shahateet M.D.FRCS Frcs Dr Maghnam Ayed Shahateet M.D.FRCS Frcs
Amman, Jordan
Comments: 224  ( 1)

you can go back to work after 2 weeks ,and start excercing after 8 weeks.

(0)
   Comment   
j j
visitor
Pennsylvania, United Kingdom
Reply to Xavier Tenorio M.D.

What! One or Two days!? Are you kidding. Thats like telling a woman they can have a baby and go back to work the next day. I am sure you do not have many patients in your practice.

(0)
   Comment   
Alfredo Harris Dominguez M.D. Alfredo Harris Dominguez M.D.
Plastic surgery
Tijuana, Mexico
Comments: 314  ( 1)

Reply to j

Dear J,

I agree with you, after an Abdominoplasty procedure you must take two weeks down time period for absolute ress, just walking is allowed. After this time you can return to office work or ligth duties, and after one month you can do heavy exercise or practice any sport. I will be happy to assist you. Thank you. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Antônio Carlos Strumiello M.D. Antônio Carlos Strumiello M.D.
Plastic surgery
São Paulo, Brazil
Comments: 99

One month, is necessary to return all ativitites, this period is mandatory to recover.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr Maghnam Ayed Shahateet M.D.FRCS Frcs Dr Maghnam Ayed Shahateet M.D.FRCS Frcs
Amman, Jordan
Comments: 224  ( 1)

recovery time for a full abdominoplasty with muscle tightening is around 3 months.but you can restart your light activities after 3 to 4 weeks.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Assaf ZELTZER M.D., FCCP Dr. Assaf ZELTZER M.D., FCCP
Plastic surgery | more Secondary Optimizing Aesthetic Surgery
Brussels, Belgium
Comments: 93

Hopsital stay is about 2 days, general recovery about 10 days.

best regards

(0)
   Comment   
Dr.  Dr Goran Lazovic Dr. Dr Goran Lazovic
Plastic surgery
Belgrade, Serbia
Comments: 191  ( 2)

Reply to j

The recovery period, after the abdominoplasty, is two weeks, going to work, after three weeks and doing sports after four. these periods differs in activity quantity and quality, of course.

(0)
   Comment   
Lahore, Pakistan

You can return to your work after a few weeks ( 3-4 weeks ), however you will be able to do sports after a few months ( 3-4 months ), until complete healing has taken place. This is in case you undergo full abdominoplasty. However, if you undergo Mini-Abdominoplasty ( below the umblicus ), recovery is more quicker. In these cases, you can return to your work, after some 3 weeks, and you can resume sports after 2-3 months.

(0)
   Comment   
Antonio Fuente Del Campo M.D. Antonio Fuente Del Campo M.D.
Plastic surgery
Huixquilucan, Mexico
Comments: 139

Reply to j

Between eight to 20 days depending of the procedure performed.

(0)
   Comment   
Egypt Urogynecology Clinic - Amr Seif-Eldin , M.D Egypt Urogynecology Clinic - Amr Seif-Eldin , M.D
Cairo, Egypt

Recovery varies from person to person, however I suggest 2 weeks for work and 6 weeks for sports

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
New South Wales, United Kingdom
Comments: 8
Reply to Alfredo Harris Dominguez M.D.

Hi I m 24yo male 117 kg in weight with 40 waist with hanging tummy and stretch marks
So wot should u advice doc should I go for tummy tuck or liposuction for gud results pls help me thanks
My email nvdilshan@gmail.com
I been to clinic and plastic Surgeon they both advice me differnt so can u pls help me

(0)
   Comment   
Egypt Urogynecology Clinic - Amr Seif-Eldin , M.D Egypt Urogynecology Clinic - Amr Seif-Eldin , M.D
Cairo, Egypt

Reply to Sal

Hi, at 24....I don't think abdominoplasty is the right choice for you right now (at this stage), you need to loose weight and achieve a normal weight / height ratio, abdominal exercises will help you regain a better abdominal tone. Then you can do a liposuction & abdominoplasty to remove excess fat & skin and achieve your desired aesthetic look.

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
Reply to Egypt Urogynecology Clinic - Amr Seif-Eldin , M.D

C i need to go overseas at my sister's wedding so i need to be look gud before i go
I only got 3 months to go
Suggest me a best way i wanna be at overseas at 3 jan
So tell me what i should i go for
Pls help.me out

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
Reply to Sal

Pls reply me asap pls

(0)
   Comment   
Prof.Dr. M. Adnan Uzunismail Prof.Dr. M. Adnan Uzunismail
Plastic surgery
Istanbul, Turkey
Comments: 94  ( 3)

Reply to Sal

If you kindly send your picture with front and side views, I can make a predetermination
regards

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
Reply to Prof.Dr. M. Adnan Uzunismail

Here is d pic just b4 two dayz and got strech marks on d top

Added photos:

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Surendra Kumar Chawla Dr. Surendra Kumar Chawla
New Delhi, India
Comments: 66  ( 1)

Reply to Sal

after abdominoplasty you may walk fomnext day onward but few people take two to three day to become ambulatory. your stitches will be removed after 8-10 days. dpending th job done your swelling will go after 3-4 days.

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
Reply to Dr. Surendra Kumar Chawla

So what u find it out by picture should i go for tummy tuck or liposuction
I need to be quick as dates r not availble
Reply me doctor

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Serban Porumb Dr. Serban Porumb
Oradea, Romania
Comments: 205  ( 2)

Reply to Sal

Hi,
in case of abdominoplasty you walk the same day of the surgery, we use only resorbable (dissolving) stitches, so no need for stitches removal. In about a week or two you may resume light daily activity and in about a month-6 weeks more strenous activity may be resumed. With modern techniques this is a much faster and safer intervention.
In case of liposuction only recovery is much faster.
You may take a look at some exemples on our website:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
Reply to Dr. Serban Porumb

Doctor what should i go for lipo or tummy tuck which will give me gud results and value of pain and money
And what about third week can i go to work lyk i work at fuel station includes work lyk sweepin moping and general duties
And i heard on internet that lot of people have problems after tummy tuck
So if i l go for liposuction i l be getting the same results

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Serban Porumb Dr. Serban Porumb
Oradea, Romania
Comments: 205  ( 2)

Reply to Sal

Depending the indication, of course if you have hanging and extra skin, that won't correct with liposuction only. in tummy tuck we perform skin resection that takes care of extra skin and fat.
You may send us pictures from front view and sides views in order to have an assesment at

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After 3 weeks generally you may resume work.

(0)
   Comment   
Jose Maria Picó Alvarez M.D. Jose Maria Picó Alvarez M.D.
Plastic surgery
Málaga, Spain
Comments: 51

Reply to Sal

At least two weeks to remove the stiches.

(0)
   Comment   
Mr. Marc Pacifico M.D. Mr. Marc Pacifico M.D.
gold member Premium member
Plastic surgery
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Comments: 29

Reply to Sal

The recovery period for an abdominoplasty is at least 6-weeks with regards to long-distance travelling to be comfortable. In addition, this period will allow any minor complications that can occur to have been resolved, meaning you are confident as well as comfortable about travelling. I ask my patients in Kent, int he UK to avoid travelling for 4-6 weeks, mainly so they are near me if they have any concerns or want to come to see me easily.
Three months should be plenty of time.

(0)
   Comment   
Mohammad Reza Farahvash M.D. Mohammad Reza Farahvash M.D.
Plastic surgery | more Surgery
Tehran, Iran
Comments: 18

Reply to Sal

Recovery period is 2 weeks.for liposuction it depends on the amount of fat aspirated.But usually you can go to work one week after Abdominoplasty and 3-4 days after liposuction.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Erik Agustin Marquez Gutierrez Dr. Erik Agustin Marquez Gutierrez
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Comments: 152  ( 1)

Dear patient:
To do sports like runing you have to wait 2 weeks, but if you do some exerecice like weightlifting you have to wait 1 month. If you do office work (remain seated) you can work in 5 days.
Thanks for asking
Best regards
Dr. Marquez

(0)
   Comment   
Sal Sal
visitor
Reply to Dr. Erik Agustin Marquez Gutierrez

Doc my partner is not supporting for the lipo or tummy tuck
She discussed with her friends and from doctors thry suggest that i shoild not go for these options
They said me to join the gym and get results in 3 months
According to them these kindof surgry is not to for me
So pls advise me will the gym and diet will work
According to the pic can i balance myself from gym
I m stucked
Pls help me
I know may be i m giving u a lot of trouble
So pls help me out again
Can i losse 15 to 20kg in 3 months
Pls reply me

(0)
   Comment   
Mario Alfonso González Cepeda M.D. Mario Alfonso González Cepeda M.D.
silver member Premium member
Cancun, Mexico
Comments: 881  ( 63)

Reply to Sal

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in PERFECTION MAKEOVER & LASER CENTER Cancun Mexico, you deserve to feel and look your best. Estheticon has sent us your inquiry regarding your interest in Abdominoplasty and I want to ensure all your questions are addressed.

In order for me to give you both an accurate price and details regarding the procedure(s) that would be best for you, please provide me with some pictures showing the areas you would like to focus on. Fill in and send back the Medical Questionnaire in our web site cosmeticsurgerycancun.com and let me know your surgery expectations*.

*Example: "With the Abdominoplasty I am expecting to have a thinner waist, a flat abdomen, to improve the look of my belly button, etc".

I believe Patient Education is an important aspect to obtain successful results on any surgical treatment. In http://content.understand.com/es/perfection.menu you will find information that would help you comprehend any procedure, prepare for it and the results you should expect.

Our highly talented and experienced surgical staff includes board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Arturo Valdez and board certified anesthesiologist, Dr. Emilio Fortunato. Led by myself, a plastic surgeon with 3 board certifications and member or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Together we specialize in cosmetic surgery and have almost 40 years of combined experience. I would also encourage you to visit our website to read our excellent reviews and learn about the first-rate services we can offer you. Additionally, our location allows us to offer you great packages tailored to your needs.

The estimate for this procedure is $5,250usd and includes*:

Medical/Nursing/Anesthesiology Fees
Surgery Center stay (if needed)
Medications (Antibiotics, Anesthetics, Pain control)
Cancun area transfers (airport-hotel-clinic)
Lab work
Compression Garment(s)
Cardiology evaluation (if needed)
Personal bilingual assistance
$500usd MEDSPA Coupon

*Restrictions may apply / package not valid in conjunction with other promotions.

Optional accommodation for 8 nights for 2 people ($90usd per night additional cost).

If you like you can contact one of our Patient Coordinators; she would be more than happy to provide you with more details regarding any procedure:

Vanessa Magallanes
Patient Coordinator
vanessa.perfection@gmail.com
Of. +52(998)898 3129/30 ext. 205
US. 406 225 2635
Toll Free 1 866 206 7161

Best Regards,

Dr. Mario Alfonso Gonzalez

(0)
   Comment   
Mohammad Reza Farahvash M.D. Mohammad Reza Farahvash M.D.
Tehran, Iran
Comments: 18

Reply to Sal

Please consult with a personal trainer .I have no idea.

(0)
   Comment   
Dra.  Maria Cristina Picon MD Dra. Maria Cristina Picon MD
Plastic surgery
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Comments: 212  ( 1)

Reply to Sal

Depend on the patients.

(0)
   Comment   
Dra.  Maria Cristina Picon MD Dra. Maria Cristina Picon MD
Plastic surgery
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Comments: 212  ( 1)

Reply to Sal

Depend on your abdomen.

(0)
   Comment   
Lahore, Pakistan

Reply to Sal

Certainly diet and exercise are probably the best ways to get yourself back in shape. But if these fail, then you should consider liposuction.

(0)
   Comment   
Lahore, Pakistan

Reply to Sal

If you opt for liposuction, recovery will be quicker, in a few days; however, if you opt for tummy tuck, recovery will take a few weeks / months. Decision about liposuction or tummy tuck can be made after seeing your pictures / examination, keeping in mind certainly your desires.

(0)
   Comment   
Akruti Institute of plastic and cosmetic surgery Akruti Institute of plastic and cosmetic surgery
Hyderabad, India
Comments: 64

Abdominoplasty is a surgery where in the recovery period varies from person to person.

The recovery period can be directly proportional to
-The Age
-The number of surgeries you had previously
-the weight of the person
-The current health conditions
-life style

The general recovery time of the procedure should be 3/4 weeks and you getting back to sports within 6/7 months.

Regards,
Medical Panel
Akruti

(0)
   Comment   
MissMak MissMak
visitor
Queensland, Australia

OMG !!! some of you Surgeons are kidding me, Dr Xavier Tenorio and Dr Surendra Kumar Chawla are some prime examples...
I just had Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo 3 weeks ago and im telling you recovery time is no way 3 - 4 days.. when you look into what the procedure involves when going for a tummy tuck you will realise this is not some quick fix , quick recovery surgery,
My surgeon who is unbeliveable and is known as one of the Best if not Best Plastic and reconstructive surgeons on the Gold Coast has told me at least 6 - 8 weeks recovery before going back to normal daily life duties..
Also as for swelling its not a couple of days then swelling goes away, it takes like a week for the swelling to come out and swelling can last up to 3 to 4 months.
It is several months to a year before you start seeing the proper results of your tummy tuck.
I have weekly check ups with my surgeon for the first 6 weeks no matter what.
after that he will see me mothly .
Please understand people who are thinking about getting this done its a long recovery and you need to make sure that you have time on your hands.
Pain is tender and tight pulling feeling and you will feel discomfort for a least 2 weeks , im now going into my 4th week and pain is better ( unless i do too much ) still have tight pulling feeling and i have to constantly remind myself to stand straight, cause that feeling automatically makes your want to protect that area by slouching..
Hope i was of any help

(0)
   Comment   
AprilTTmom AprilTTmom
visitor
Florida, United States

I\'m 5 days post op from tummy tuck w lipo on hips lower back and am very swollen! Still walking a bit hunched over. Am I supposed to force myself straight?

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. med. Holger Osthus Dr. med. Holger Osthus
Plastic surgery
Stuttgart, Germany
Comments: 145  ( 3)

Reply to AprilTTmom

You are not supposed to force yourself straight after a tummy tuck. On contrary, you have to stay, walk and sit a bit flexed to prevent minor blood support to the streched skin.
With kind regards from Leonberg, Germany
Dr. Holger Osthus, Plastic Surgeon
www.dr-osthus.de

(0)
   Comment   
Prof. Ralf-Thomas Michel M.D. Prof. Ralf-Thomas Michel M.D.
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Groß-Umstadt, Frankfurt am Main, Offenbach am Main, Erbach, Germany
Comments: 470

Hello AprilTTmom, 5 days after liposuction normally the maximum swelling develops.This will persist for another week and then go down.It is important to wear a fitting garment during this period ,best (if there is a maximum swelling)24 hours a day.After this period you should wear this garment for another 4 weeks half a day.Normal moving in the actual period is helpful and will decrease the swelling.
Regards
Prof.Dr.Ralf Thomas Michel
www.prof-dr-michel.com

(0)
   Comment   
Eugen A. M. Höfter M.D. Eugen A. M. Höfter M.D.
Plastic surgery
Munich, Germany
Comments: 84  ( 1)

Reply to AprilTTmom

After abdominoplasty the recovery period is usually 3 to 6 weeks, until patients can start their normal actvities again. Also it is not uncommon, that a seroma can form. Hence you should minimize your activities in the first weeks to a minimum in order to help the healing process. Forcing yourself upright and straight would be a disadvantage in this respect. To keep it simple and straight: as long as you feel no pain, you can do these activities.

Sincerely,

DR. E. HÖFTER
PLASTISCHE CHIRURGIE AN DER ROTKREUZKLINIK
Volkart Str. 5
D-80634 München
Telefon: +49 (0)89 24 29 48 92
Telefax: +49 (0)89 24 29 48 86
www.dr-hoefter.de
www.facebook.com/Praxisklinik.Dr.Hoefter

(0)
   Comment   
Jule Jule
visitor

How long before you can drive after a mini tummy-tuck and liposuction? I would be grateful for any of your experiences on this, and medical guidelines. Thank you

(0)
   Comment   
Prof. Ralf-Thomas Michel M.D. Prof. Ralf-Thomas Michel M.D.
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Groß-Umstadt, Frankfurt am Main, Offenbach am Main, Erbach, Germany
Comments: 470

Hello Jule,after a mini tummy tuck combined with a liposuction you should be able to drive by yourself after 4-6 days wearing a good fitting compression garment.
Regards
Prof.Dr.Ralf Thomas Michel
www.prof-dr-michel.com

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. med. Holger Osthus Dr. med. Holger Osthus
Plastic surgery
Stuttgart, Germany
Comments: 145  ( 3)

Reply to Jule

There are no exact medical guidelines. After some days you will be able to drive after a tummy-tuck (abdominoplasty). After a liposuction it will be the following day. Your body will help you to decide, when it will be the right time.
With kind regards from Stuttgart
Dr. Holger Osthus, Plastic Surgeon, Germany
www.dr-osthus.de

(0)
   Comment   
Professor Dr. Adel Wilson MD, FRCS Professor Dr. Adel Wilson MD, FRCS
Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Cairo, Egypt
Comments: 56  ( 1)

Reply to Jule

Abdominoplasty is performed as a day case surgery, and with a tight corset, you can go back to work after 48 hours. Stop being lazy!

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. med. Paul Edelmann, M.D. Dr. med. Paul Edelmann, M.D.
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Comments: 2648  ( 71)
VDÄPC
Reply to Jule

Jule from 2013-04-21

I perform abdominoplasty and liposuction since 1985.
You get discharched from the hospital next day after surgery. From medical side you can drive back home yourself but of course it is more comfortable to get picked up.

If you do office work you can do this already after 3 days. You shall not perform physical work for approx. 3 weeks after abdominoplasty.

Best regards,

Dr. med. Paul J. Edelmann.
www.frankfurter-klinik.de

(0)
   Comment   
nelsonbribiesca nelsonbribiesca
visitor
Kerala, India
Comments: 2

My friend took three weeks following Tummy tuck. She could walk after a wee and got back to light activities after two weeks.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. med. Paul Edelmann, M.D. Dr. med. Paul Edelmann, M.D.
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Comments: 2648  ( 71)
VDÄPC
Reply to nelsonbribiesca

nelsonbribiesca 2013-04-22

"... She could walk after a wee and got back to light activities ..."
That means she was in bed for a whole week??? Shame!

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Aristides Arellano-Huacuja Dr. Aristides Arellano-Huacuja
Puebla, Mexico
Comments: 185  ( 20)

Reply to Jule

In average it takes two or four weeks deppending on the amount of fat and skin removed.

(0)
   Comment   
Alejandro Monsalve Trespalacios M.D. Alejandro Monsalve Trespalacios M.D.
Plastic surgery | more Maxillofacial Surgery
Medellin, Colombia
Comments: 305  ( 3)

Reply to nelsonbribiesca

Yes, Nelson, She can make some exercise to 50 % at month and 75 % at two months.

(0)
   Comment   
Sreekar Harinatha Sreekar Harinatha
Bangalore, India
Comments: 53

You can return to your full normal activity including exercise after 3 weeks.

(0)
   Comment   
teacher 08 teacher 08
visitor
Illinois, United States

I'm scheduled to have a tummy tuck early next month. I found out today that I have a torn rotator cuff and will need surgery to repair it. How long should I wait from my tummy surgery to schedule the surgery for my shoulder? Which of my doctors should I discuss this with? (I am off work in June and July--will it be possible to take care of both of these procedures before I return to work?)

(0)
   Comment   
Alejandro Monsalve Trespalacios M.D. Alejandro Monsalve Trespalacios M.D.
Plastic surgery | more Maxillofacial Surgery
Medellin, Colombia
Comments: 305  ( 3)

The time waiting betwin both surgeries are two to six months.

(0)
   Comment   
teacher 08 teacher 08
visitor
Illinois, United States
Reply to Alejandro Monsalve Trespalacios M.D.

Thank you for the response. I contacted my plastic surgeon and my orthopedic surgeon and they have my procedures noted and scheduled. This was a surprise (to some extent) and tricky for me to deal with. I decided to leave the abdominoplasty as scheduled since the insurance companies have deemed it as a medical necessity in my case. I did not want to re-open the door with them, because in my experience, they are difficult to deal with on a good day.

(0)
   Comment   
Dr. Gerardo Rafael Manuell Lee Dr. Gerardo Rafael Manuell Lee
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Comments: 194

Reply to teacher 08

Hi
Yes you can make both procedure together and returned to work, good luck

(0)
   Comment   
We’re sorry, but this discussion has been locked. You will not be allowed to include any additional posts here.

Start a new discussion on topic of Abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck).