Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tucks)

Under what conditions does health insurance cover abdominoplasty?

FAQ

FAQ

Under what conditions does health insurance cover abdominoplasty?

I have a deformed stomach after two unsuccessful abdominal hernia operations. I cannot afford to pay for plastic surgery. Under what conditions does health insurance cover abdominoplasty?

(0)

All replies for this topic

Ms.M
visitor
Michigan, United States
Comments: 1

I have had a c-section and the scar is still painful and has caused my stomach to sag. Am i a candidate for free abdominoplasty?

(0)
   Comment   
Sixtus Allert M.D. M.D.
bronze member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Hameln, Hannover, Germany
Comments: 74

Reply to Ms.M

Hello,
In Germany insurance companies usually cover those costs for abdominoplasty/ tommy tuck if the scar is indeed painful and itching, besides being hypertrophic. Furthermore there must be enough skin to be stretched like in an tommy tuck. In other cases a conventional scar revision will do.
Best regards
Sixtus Allert, MD.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Jorge Alberto Ochoa Pell M.D.
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Comments: 109  ( 1)

hi, hola, as we say in mexico, since abdominoplasty is an aesthetic procedure, it isnt covered in any way posible. You maybe a candidate for another abdominal wall repair in which tha abdominoplasty can be performed. In my prectice this procedure is common. Excellente results are achieved, if u come to mexico sometime dont hesitate to contact me. Good luck

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Jorge Alberto Ochoa Pell M.D.
Plastic surgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Comments: 109  ( 1)

Reply to Ms.M

if ur c-section scar is painfull the surgery u need, and the one that can be covered by health insurance is a scar revision, not an abdominoplasty. (bummer). Usually there are no insurance companies (as far as i know) that cover this kind of procedures, othewise every single person would get on the list.

Good luck

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(0)
   Comment   
Clinic of plastic and aesthetic surgery MEDICOM VIP
silver member Premium member
Prague, Brno, Ústí nad Labem, Jihlava, Czech Republic
Comments: 1929  ( 1)

Reply to Ms.M

Hi,

Please i don’t know what do you mean with free abdominoplasty?

With best regards,
MUDr. Alawa
alawa@medicomvip.cz

(0)
   Comment   
Prof. Ricardo Cavalcanti Ribeiro
Plastic surgery
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Comments: 107

It cover in massive weigth loss patients.

(0)
   Comment   
M.D. Natasa Popovic
silver member Basic member
Plastic surgery
Comments: 402  ( 1)

Only in case abdominal hernia operation.

(0)
   Comment   
A change life
visitor
Georgia, United States

I have had three c-section and then I had to have a wound vake place inside my stomach.I had inguinal hernia. Now i have a recurrence of this. So would I be a candiate for this tommy tuck.

(0)
   Comment   
Associate Professor Ercan Karacaoglu M.D.
Plastic surgery | more Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Istanbul, Turkey
Comments: 100

Reply to A change life

Insurance companies does not cover this surgery here in Istanbul

(0)
   Comment   
Associate Professor Ercan Karacaoglu M.D.
Plastic surgery | more Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Istanbul, Turkey
Comments: 100

Reply to A change life

Hi

You would be a candidate for tummy tuck. The procedure is really straightforward that it takes around 2 hours and you need to stay overnight. Iy you interested in the procedure please let us know to forward more details on you surgery and and how we can contact and plan schedule for it.

Have a nice day!

For details please our web site www.esteistanbul.com

(0)
   Comment   
Hopeful
visitor
North Carolina, United States

I have had four C-sections and a abdominal hysterectomy. Due to gaining and losing weight with each pregnancy and throughout adult-hood, now I have an "abdominal flap". For years I've been having lowing back pain that starts in my back and radiates around my abdomen like a belt. Do you think health insurance would cover a abdominoplasty

(0)
   Comment   
motherof2
visitor
Arizona, United States

I have a lot of fat and extra skin around my belly. I recently found out that I have a fatty liver and the only way to reverse it is to loose the weight around my belly. I've been trying for awhile and even went on a diet. I seem to be loosing it everywhere but there. I'm scared if I don't get rid of it my liver wont get better! Am I a good candidate for my insurance to cover the surgery? Oh by the way I'm on acchhs insurance

(0)
   Comment   
We’re sorry, but this discussion has been locked. You will not be allowed to include any additional posts here.

Start a new discussion on topic of Abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck).