Dr. Nawada, his wife Christina, and their children have lived in Winter Haven, Florida since 1978. The family moved to Florida after living briefly in the suburban Chicago area, where Dr. Nawada opened his first solo practice in plastic surgery. The sub-zero winters in Illinois were far different from the climate in southern India, where Dr. Nawada was born and raised.
In 1991, Dr. Nawada was voted Physician of the Year by the nurses and other staff members in the Patient Care Services Division at Winter Haven Hospital. The title is granted to the physician who "exemplifies exceptional ability in his care to patients and in his interaction with hospital staff." He has been affiliated with Winter Haven Hospital for more than twenty years and continues to have full privileges.
Dr. Nawada views Cosmetic Surgery as an art, as well as a science. He regularly fine-tunes his surgical skills through continuing education courses. Dr. Nawada, and his team of licensed staff and Board Certified Anesthesiologists, are committed to safety, quality, and caring. Privacy and confidentiality are the standard at the Nawada Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Castle & Connolly's guide, "How to Find the Best Florida Doctors," lists Dr. Nawada among Florida's finest in Plastic Surgery.
Credentials You Can Trust
Dual Board Certified in both General Surgery and Plastic Surgery, Dr. Nawada is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.).Memberships include:
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
Dr. Nawada is a graduate of Mysore Medical College of the University of Mysore in southern India. His post-graduate education includes:
- Rotating Internship at Lutheran Hospital, Cleveland, OH
- General Surgery Residency at Saint Vincent Hospital, Erie, PA and Saginaw Affiliated Hospital in Saginaw, MI
- Fellowship in Burn Surgery at Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Residency in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ; followed by two years of service as a Clinical Assistant Professor