Hymen removal  

ladyking ladyking
visitor IP: *.11.134.88
South Carolina
Comments: 1
Send private message

I had surgery for my hymen in February due to lack of intercourse between me and my husband. After the surgery I had to go back for check ups tonsee how the stitches and everything was healing up, the gynecologist never did anything major just looked. My very last check up she attempted to put a finger in and I just wouldn't let her. I paniced knowing that it was all in my head, I couldn't control it. It doesn't matter if I get myself so relaxed it just didn't happen. Me and my husband finally tried to have sex after everything healed up and it still didn't happen, my legs were tensed the entire time. I know this is all on my head to I've been trying to practice with using tampons and dilators and it doesn't hurt because I'm so afraid of feeling pain, or if I feel like I'm calmed and ready I have a hard time finding the right angle to insert the tampon or the dilator.

I've gone to therapy before and after the surgery, I've read books and done all that needs to be done. I'm trying to not let this get to me but it is. My husband is being so patient with me and I feel bad putting him through this. Can anyone offer any advice?

  Thanks!  (0)
MUDr. Zoja Roháčová
MUDr. Zoja Roháčová MUDr. Zoja Roháčová
Basic member IP: *.203.220.98
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Comments: 71  ( 2)

I think evrithing is in your head, when did you have a therapy. You have to take anothere therapy by sexual doctor and try it. Good luck. dr.Rohacova

  Thanks!  (0)
Amr Seifeldin , M.D

Amr Seifeldin , M.D
Amr Seifeldin , M.D
Basic member IP: *.34.32.217
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Comments: 5

Hi ladyking

Your operation was probably a hymenectomy (removal of hymen), or surgical defloration.
As a gynecologist I see a lot of patients with a similar situation, vaginal dilators help sometimes to assure you that you can have insertion and introduction, however I suggest you and your husband seek a psychologist as therapy is important for a while, having an understanding partner is a blessing, and I am sure after a while you will enjoy your marital life

Best wishes
Egypt Urogynecology Clinic - Amr Seif-Eldin, M.D

  Thanks!  (0)
Dr. Nalan Karacaoglu
Dr. Nalan Karacaoglu Dr. Nalan Karacaoglu
Basic member IP: *.238.226.201
Gynecology and Obstetrics
Comments: 5

You have vaginismus , and you should get help from a physchiatrist

  Thanks!  (0)
We’re sorry, but this discussion has been locked. You will not be allowed to include any additional posts here.

Start a new discussion on topic of Hymenoplasty - hymen reconstruction surgery.
Ask a Hymenoplasty - hymen reconstruction surgery specialist

Mr. Marc Pacifico M.D.

Plastic surgery

Ask a doctor
Ask a question in the online Q&A
Consultation inquiry