Hollow face after rhinoplasty

roxy
roxy  |  visitor  |  Leeds
  • 2 answers
Hi

I wonder if you can help me, as no one else has an answer and i can't find any help on the internt... I had septorhinoplasty a year ago to remove a hump. Although i was happy with the result i noticed a couple of months later that my face looked empty and cheeks were very hollow as if all the plumpness was sucked out.

I did some research on the net and found that this had happened to many other people but doctors and surgeons deny it has anything to do with the operation, and say that i may have lost wieght, however i have actually put on a couple of pounds since the op.... when i searched further i came to find that this posssible due to the nerves and bloodvessels being damaged during the rhinoplasty poroceedure,

My question is that can this be fixed with some kind of facial physio or is this a permanent affect, it has made me look 20 years older and it's like suddenly all of my facial fat has been sucked out! I know this is a result of the surgery but how do i fix it? if a nerve is cut or damage is it repairable? can the blood vessels be bought back to life?

please help

In anticipation
Miranda  |  visitor  |  Kent
  • 2 answers
hi where did you get your nose done roxy? how much did you pay?
Anup Dhir M.D.  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  New Delhi
  • 48 answers
  • 3 Likes
It has nothing to do with rhinoplasty,probably you will take some time to adjust to the new shape of nose.You may need to consult a psychologist.

Reply to Anup Dhir M.D.

rhinoneedsresearch  |  visitor  |  Idaho
  • 11 answers
That is such a dicky answer. It happened to me too...we don't all need psychologist, but thanks for the shallow answer a hole. Why don't you guys with the big bucks acutally research some of what people are telling you.
Dr. Arno R. Schleich  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Graz
  • 3 answers
biggest nonsense i have heard for a long time;
whoever fakes these questions should at least read a book;
roxy
  • 2 answers
yes books give you education but do you think that all answers are in a book? what about all those people who have experienced this 'side effect' of rhinoplasty? do you think they are all uneducated nutters? I think you are in denial and rather that not aknowledging this, i think someone should research this and try and find a soloution. Thank you for replyint anyway.

Reply to roxy

Tracey Bell Clinic  |  Basic member  |  Liverpool
  • 10 answers
Whatever the cause of your hollowness- it seems you need a solution.

To achieve a new fulness which we associate with youth and vitality, facial fillers and volumisers would the route you should consider taking.

Sculptra is a revolutionary technique, it works differently from traditional fillers. It’s a unique collagen replenishing treatment that helps to gradually and subtly reduce lines, wrinkles and folds. By helping to replenish your own facial collagen and restore lost volume, it can give you a fuller, more natural look that can last for up to 25 months.

There are some great testimonials and work with Sculptra out there- if you'd like to visit my clinic, contact XXXXXXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Best wishes,

Tracey Bell

Reply to roxy

Dr. Gustavo Kovalovsky  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Buenos Aires
  • 32 answers
  • 13 Likes
Dear Roxy, first of all in order to evaluate a nerve damage we have to know if you can move your face, puff your cheeks, blow a candle, etc.
In case you can make all these movements, the clinical examination for a nerve damage is done and initially you would not have this problem.
In case you have your cheeks empty, there are many fillers to give them the appearence you like.
I recommend a lipofilling (with your own fat , plus growth factors added for a best and long lasting result), or hialuronic acid.
For any doubt or consultation you can write or send pictures to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, or call (XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Best regards
Dr Gustavo Kovalovsky
Plastic and Reconstrucitve Surgeon -Member of the Buenos Aires Society of Plastic Surgery
ARG Plastic Surgery -Buenos Aires -Argentina
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • 11 answers
You doctors are paid to "read the books" perhaps none have been written on losing fat from rhinoplasty yet, maybe one should be. Listen to the people and quit taking the easy route of "you're all quacks" seriously, where are your morals?
Prof.Dr. M. Adnan Uzunismail  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Istanbul
  • 93 answers
  • 3 Likes
If you kindly send your pictures with front, oblique and side views besides your preoperative pictures we can make an evaluation.
Dr Maghnam Ayed Shahateet M.D.FRCS Frcs  |  Basic member  |  Amman
  • 277 answers
  • 14 Likes
i dont think that your hollowness is related to the rhinoplasty surgery and your problem can be fixed by lipoaugmention,injecting fat from your own body.
Dr. Goran Lazović  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Belgrade
  • 199 answers
  • 7 Likes
do not worry, your face can be fixed.
re-use your courage, like zou did it before the rhinoplasty, and
find a good plastic surgeon to perform a nice contouring of your changed
face.
Dr. Manuel Gutierrez Romero  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Tijuana
  • 167 answers
  • 7 Likes
It can be fixed, you wqill need to send profile and front picture to evaluate your case. Thank you.
Dr. Paul Alan Vega Yepez  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Mexico City
  • 44 answers
  • 4 Likes
Hi Roxy

I agree with the previous surgeons, I dont think your hollow face is ralated to your rhinoplasty, but your face could be fixed with liporeestructuration, with very nice result even with some rejuvenation, but for a better evaluation any surgeon need some actual pictures and if you have some pictures before the surgery.
best regards
CSSC International +  |  Basic member  |  Lahore Stockholm
  • 981 answers
  • 89 Likes
Dear,
Hollowness in your cheeks and face can be conveniently fixed. We have been performing fat transfer in the cheeks and face for decades. With extensive experience, we have learned, how to achieve long lasting results in these areas. You can undergo "Khawajas Quick Fat Transfer", from us. The procedure takes about 1 hour under local anesthesia. Long term results with a single fat transfer are around 80%, with this technique in our patients. Some patient require a secondary fat transfer, according to their wishes to re-augment their face and cheeks more.
Dr. André Hazan  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo
  • 428 answers
  • 31 Likes
Or come back to your doctor or choose a doctor for evaluation with pre and post operative surgery to know ..how Must you proceed...
Warmest regards, Doc AH
roxy
  • 2 answers

I wonder if you can help me, as no one else has an answer and i can't find any help on the internt... I had septorhinoplasty a year ago to remove a hump. Although i was happy with the result i noticed a couple of months later that my face looked empty and cheeks were very hollow as if all the plumpness was sucked out.

I did some research on the net and found that this had happened to many other people but doctors and surgeons deny it has anything to do with the operation, and say that i may have lost wieght, however i have actually put on a couple of pounds since the op.... when i searched further i came to find that this posssible due to the nerves and bloodvessels being damaged during the rhinoplasty poroceedure,

My question is that can this be fixed with some kind of facial physio or is this a permanent affect, it has made me look 20 years older and it's like suddenly all of my facial fat has been sucked out! I know this is a result of the surgery but how do i fix it? if a nerve is cut or damage is it repairable? can the blood vessels be bought back to life?

please help

In anticipation
Dr. Luis Pavajeau Muñoz  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Bogotá
  • 40 answers
  • 2 Likes
Holllow face is not normal after rhinoplasty . Something else is the cause but no rhinoplasty. You may find solution with fat grafts or fat injection in the face or any filler. Please send pics for more info, Dr Pavajeau or visit www.cirugiaesteticaencolombia.com
Anonymous  |  visitor
  • 1 answers
Hi roxy,

This also happened to me after my nose job. No surgeons will believe me so I know how you feel. Are you in the uk? I am. Contact me on natawalsh@gmail.com if you like.

I have had fat grafts to try and repair but they have not been put in the right place. I am now looking at going to the US, I believe Tim Marten is the best.

Reply to Anonymous

Dr. Serban Porumb  |  Basic member  |  Oradea
  • 320 answers
  • 22 Likes
Are you able to whistle and blow a candle, did you noticed any kind of movement impairment? how about sensitivity: can you feel well your upper lip or tip of the nose or cheek area? are there any numb areas?
Could you send us some pictures? our email is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please check on our website some results in cases of secondary rhinoplasty:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to Anonymous

• 981 answers
  • 89 Likes
Dear,

In addition to Fat Transfer ( Best Option ), there are also other options for you, including solid cheek implants, liquid fillers, thread augmentation, lipo-thread cementing, and others. All of these are performed under local anesthesia, with no hospital stay.

Reply to Anonymous

Dr. Mario Alfonso González Cepeda  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Cancun
  • 1424 answers
  • 218 Likes
Dear Roxy,
In order to give you an accurate price and details regarding the procedure(s) that would be best for you, please provide us with some pictures showing the areas you would like to improve (photos of your face from the front, of your right profile, left profile and from 3/4 angles and of your head tilted back). Fill in and send back the Medical Questionnaire on our web site and let me know your surgery expectations*.
I would also encourage you to visit our website, cosmeticsurgerycancun.com, to read our excellent reviews and learn about the first-rate services we can offer you. I would be happy to provide you with more details regarding the procedure itself as well as the process. If you would like me to contact you, please let me know the best number to reach you at as well as the date and time you would prefer.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Magallanes
E-mail: vanessa.perfection@gmail.com

Reply to Dr. Erik Agustin Marquez Gutierrez

Dr. Erik Agustin Marquez Gutierrez  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Mexico City
  • 238 answers
  • 36 Likes
Dear roxy:
There is no physiological reason to relate hollow face and Nose job, that's why we are surprised about your condition, but Im not saying that you don't have it, you have it but it's not a consequence of the surgery. Lipofilling (own fat) for me it's the best option cause you don't have to be filled every year. Be carefull cause a bad result like the comment before it dos not mean that it's not the best option.
Thanks for asking
D. Marquez

Reply to Dr. Erik Agustin Marquez Gutierrez

RhinoVictim  |  visitor
  • 2 answers
  • 1 Like
I have the same problem with sagging face after rhinoplasty. And rhinoplasty is the reason because I had it right away after I woke up form anestesia. Doctor said it will go away and partly it did but not fully. Now I need face lift and I didn't need it before op. I guess that one of the reasons is resection of depressor septi nasi which normally pulls the upper lip upwords. When this doesn't happen the lip fals ind it drags the whole upper face with it. Nasal spine cut contributes as well. May be there is another explanation but this is what I thought out. So excessive aging can not happen for 3 hours (op duration). Eider plastic surgeons are unprofessional or they directly lie
Dr. surendra chawla  |  Basic member  |  New Delhi
  • 133 answers
  • 17 Likes
before commenting on your problem i would like to assess your problem, your skin and underlying soft tissue . it can be managed by cheek augmentation procedure.
peace007  |  visitor  |  Idaho
  • 2 answers
I had the same thing happen to me! After revision septo/rhinoplasty something looked different about my face as a whole. The appearance of my nose did not change all that much. I did not have a hump removal or anything like that. Now, my face looks gaunt and thin. I have not lost any weight so that is not the case. My malar cheek fat in my cheeks seem to have vanished. It is just flat looking. My eyes are also still dark underneath. I also have a dark soft spot in the bridge of my nose. I feel as though something was damaged that caused all of this..I saw another ENT and he says I have a split in my septum. I want to know how surgeons can say that malar fat loss, and hollow eyes, is not a possible complication of this type of surgery when so many people have had this same experience after this surgery. My before pictures clearly show that I had cheeks and no visible nasolabial lines that stood out. I look like I aged due to all this.
  • 981 answers
  • 89 Likes
Dear,
If resection of bone is done, especially if the nose is broad at the cheek level, excessive resection over here, and at the nasal root, can lead to an expression of hollowness in the adjoining cheek areas, next to the areas of resection, and it can also lead to an expression of sunken eyes. There is probably still some blood in your lower lids. It will take a few more weeks to subside completely. The dark soft spot at the bridge of your nose is probably swelling. It will take considerable time to go away, weeks or months. Change in facial expression is well known after rhinoplasty. However, you can very easily get your previous expression back via Khawajas Quick Fat Transfer to cheeks, lower lids, and via fillers in the nasolabial folds.

Reply to rhinoneedsresearch

• 11 answers
As for those of you recommending a shrink...you should lose your licence for suggesting people are crazy when they trust your level of expertise. Shame on you.
Mohammad Reza Farahvash M.D.  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Tehran
  • 17 answers
Please send your pre and post operative portrait pictures for evaluation.
Dr Farahvash

Reply to Mohammad Reza Farahvash M.D.

peace007  |  visitor  |  Idaho
  • 2 answers
I would never get fillers in my face...those can have bad results as well. Thanks though.

Reply to peace007

• 981 answers
  • 89 Likes
Dear,
If you dont want fillers, then relocating your own fat to the cheeks is probably the best solution for eliminating hollowness in your cheeks
Dra. Maria Cristina Picon MD  |  Basic member  |  Plastic surgery  |  Buenos Aires
  • 210 answers
  • 13 Likes
No, it is impossible a hollow face after rhinoplasty, I do not know your age, some time people has aging of the face suddently.
  • 11 answers
It is possible, ask the one honest doctor above and reevaluate your ethics.
mariaparadechorar  |  visitor  |  São Paulo
  • 4 answers
If its impossible, how do I, at age 19 have hollow cheeks after rhinoplasty? They used to be very full and I loved them, now I look much more older with a child's nose! --'
  • 11 answers
It has happened to many of us. Check to see if your septi muscle was released or cut. This makes a huge difference, like a balloon being released. This muscle does so much more for our face support than doctors are aware of. They need to research this so much more. Unfortunately, it took several of us laymen, our messed up faces, and comparing notes, and studying facial anatomy to figure it out. Be warned...the doctors will all say it is in your head, just look at the comments on this site alone. I know of one doc who is finally seeing this correlation, I say we all go to him to have work done to show our appreciation for an ethical man who was finally willing to do the research rather than the ignorant barbaric woman bashing from most. Good luck honey!!

• 4 answers
And, by the way, who is this doctor? you can e-mail me if you want: mariaclarasena@ymail.com Good luck for you too! :)

Reply to mariaparadechorar

• 11 answers
He was on another post I've joined. He is saying there is probably a correlation. I will find his name!

RhinoVictim  |  visitor
  • 2 answers
  • 1 Like
same here - I have always looked younger than my real age. Now I look like 100 years old lady with a piggi nose and monkey expression. And I have experienced the above mentioned sudden aging - woke up after rhinoplasty and ihuu - was aged. I am sure that depressor septi/nasal spine cut is the source of my problem. Unfortunately I found it out too late. When I read the comments here (and also in other forums) think what a naive person I am to let myselv in the hands of such unprofessionals
  • 11 answers
One more thing...the only thing to help with a cut septi muscle or loss of fat from rhino, is facial exercises. THEY DO WORK and are the only thing that works. It is impossible to reattach septi muscles once cut. Face exercise, however can take over where the septi muscles used to. It takes a long time, but once they are built back up, upkeep is simple. Try not to get too depressed, there is hope. Ps, look up face exercise and find what works for you. Once you locate your own facial muscles, you can pretty much work out your own excercises so it won't cost you. Doctors will tell you these exercises don't work of course, because they don't cost a thing. Blessings!
  • 4 answers
Hey! Thank you very much for the information! Yes, the doctor cut my septi muscle to prevent my tip from dropping when smiling, I never asked for this, I used to love my smile with dropping tip! So full of expression!Have you been doing facial? Is it working? Thank you again, I will start researching about the exercises now!
  • 11 answers
See, conincidence that I knew your septi muscle was cut? I don't think so. I know what you mean about loving your smile with a drooping tip, I loved mine too, it was what made me beautiful...think of Paris Hilton if hers were cut, boring. Also, I have this awful horizontal crease above my upper lip now when I smile, like a monkey gets. It is just terrible. I was also not told this was going to be cut and no knowledge of what a sept muscle even was. Worse mistake of my life and cost me a pretty penny financially. All I wanted was a bump rasped and he suggested taking a bit off the tip, but no mention of any of the rest. The post op report doesn't even mention cutting the septi muscle, but another surgeon said it certainly was. All i can suggest is really working those hollow spots and things really do improve.
  • 4 answers
Is there anything we could do to have our drooping tip smile back? They say that when you have a drooping tip, it's because your muscles are very strong, what if we strngthen them somehow? I have this horizontal crease too O_O. Worst mistake of my life too :[ It's so devastating. I'm already working on them. Thank you.
  • 11 answers
I don't like to post his name. Even though I had such a bad outcome, I am not in the business of ruining his career.If you private message me, I will share his name.
  • 11 answers
email me at rhill@nsd131.org It was not one of the dr.s above. In fact, Eric Garner actually fixed a huge septum hole that was also a result of my one time rhinoplasty experience. Pm me, and I will let you know who it was.
dcssalman  |  visitor  |  Islamabad
  • 41 answers
  • 1 Like
Very use full information

More reviews like this

Rhinoplasty (Nose Job - Nose Surgery) - Related videos

Specialists near you