Dr. Miroslav Veliky
received his MD degree from Charles´ University, Prague in 1993. Before embarking on his plastic surgery training, he carried out his core and advanced training in general surgery at University Hospital, Prague and completed it with the licence to practice in 2000 at consultant level. At the time, he worked also as a Lecturer at the Department of Anatomy, Medical School, Prague.
He underwent his plastic surgery training at Institut of Postgradual medical education, Prague and mainly during his residence in France at Henri Poincare University, Nancy and Sophia Antipolis University, Nice and also at Hospital Boucicaut and Clinique Victor Hugo, Paris.
At this time, he gained his French Interuniversity Diploma in microsurgery and successfully passed the exam in Advanced studies in plastic and aesthetic surgery at Henri Poincare University, Nancy, France.
He completed his plastic surgery training in 2005 after board certification in Prague and then he worked at University hospital until 2009.
Starting in July 2009 he left Prague and began his surgical career in the United Kingdomand since 2018 working also in private clinics in Prague.
He has got his private practice in Poděbrady.
His areas of expertise are breast reconstruction and aesthetics, microsurgical breast reconstruction, aesthetic facial surgery and body contouring with almost 20 years experience in fat transfers.
Following completing his dermoscopy course at Welsh Institute of Dermatology, Cardiff University, he has excellent training in diagnostic and surgical management of skin cancers and non-malignant skin disorders.
Courses and meetings:
- 2010 - Course in safe use of lasers, intense light source systems and LEDs in medical, surgical, dental and aesthetic practices (British Medical Laser Association)
- 2012 - Advanced communication skills (Liverpool Medical Institution)
- 2013 - Clinical supervisor course (Liverpool Medical Institution)
- 2013 - Aesthetic surgery meeting, Liverpool2013 - Advanced Educational course on skin cancers, Manchester
- 2014 - XVI. World Congress on Cancers of the skin, Edinburgh
- 2015 - London breast meeting, London (Royal College of Physicians)
- 2016 - Abdominal wall reconstruction and liposculpture, London, (Royal College of Physicians)
- 2016 - Breast reconstruction course, Medical School, New York University
- 2017 - London breast meeting, London, (Royal College of Physicians)
- 2017 - Medical micropigmentation masterclass, London (Royal College of Physicians)
- 2017 - Nasal tip aesthetic rhinoplasty course,Glasgow (Glasgow University)
- 2017 - International congress on plastic surgery, BrnoCourses in botox injections, esthetic surgery, France + Czech republic
- 2018 - London breast meeting, London (Royal College of Physicians)
- 2018 - Czech and Slovak congress on plastic surgery, Olomouc
- 2018 - Aptos threads facial lifting
- 2019 - Dr. Patrick Mallucci – breast augmentation excellence workshop, London